F-1 and J-1 students and their F-2 and J-2 dependents may travel freely within the U.S. UCF Global recommend that students and dependents bring their valid passport for the purpose of boarding domestic flights.
TRAVEL AND REENTRY
TRAVEL INSIDE THE U.S.
TRAVEL OUTSIDE OF THE U.S.
Before traveling outside of the US, it is important to gather the necessary documentation. F-1 and J-1 Students will need to bring the following:
- Valid I-20 with a travel signature on page 2, or valid DS-2019 with a travel validation on page 1
- Passport valid for at least 6 months from the date of reentry to the US
- Valid visa
- Proof of full-time student status (i.e. copy of transcripts, class schedule)
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) also recommends students bring proof of financial resources to support their studies and living expenses
Travel signatures are provided via Knights email to all F-1 students and their F-2 dependents. To request a travel signature, email your most recently issued I-20 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the following information in your email:
- Your full name
- UCF ID
- Your intended date of return to the U.S.
Visit UCF Global during walk-in hours to receive a travel signature on your DS-2019.