Nataly Chandia is the Associate Vice President of UCF Global at the University of Central Florida (UCF). Since 2003, she has been responsible for international student and scholar services at UCF. Prior to joining UCF, Chandia worked as Director of Social Services at St. Peter’s San Jose Mission in Barberville, FL and as Admissions Coordinator and Assistant Director at Daytona State College in Daytona Beach, FL.
Chandia attended the University of Central Florida where she graduated with a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Psychology/Criminal Justice and a Masters of Liberal Studies Degree in Public Administration. She also holds an Advanced Certificate in Public Administration from UCF. Chandia is currently working on a Doctorate degree in Education with a focus on Leadership and Organizational Innovation from Marymount University.
Born to Chilean parents, Chandia is a passionate supporter of Latino initiatives and has led multiple projects that have created pathways for the Latino community. These projects include operationalizing a grant from the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation that provided migrant populations access to training in health and emergency response education, including CPR certification, establishing a no cost, full service dental clinic and travel health clinic for underrepresented populations, and serving as Director for educational programs and social services which included GED and English classes.
Having immigrated to the United States at a young age, Chandia knows first hand the experiences and challenges our international community is faced with when moving away from their native country. She is an advocate and supporter of all immigrants, especially international students and scholars and is devoted to supporting their journey to success in the United States.
Chandia lives outside of Orlando with her husband and two beautiful daughters.
• Innovative, strategic thought leader focused on outcomes and access to education
• Experienced in leading teams related to compliance, budget, HR, programming (academic, non-degree), IT,
and business and partnership development
• Training in Management, Leadership and Customer Service
• Institute of International Education (IIE) Senior International Officer
• NAFSA Management Development, Cross/Cultural Communications
• Multicultural Workplace Conflict Resolution
• Current member of NAFSA: Association of International Educators and the Institute of International Education